I was diagnosed with Hypothyroidism early in 2010. I was working out…
Since I have shared My Thyroid Journey with you, I thought it would be important to share what supplements I take that seem to help with my Hashimoto’s. I am going to explain what supplements I take and why they are important to those of us with Thyroid issues. I have done a lot of research and am also speaking from personal experience, but again I am not a doctor.
Importance of Supplements
Supplements are very important and help give our bodies essential nutrients that we may not be getting from food. I have noticed a big difference in my overall health since taking supplements. You definitely need to follow recommended doses and find what works best for you and your body.
Supplements that I take
I take certain supplements in the morning and others at night. I have found that some supplements should not be taken together and have tried to spread them out to receive a greater benefit.
Selenium is a trace element that is naturally present in many foods, added to others, and available as a dietary supplement.
Benefits of Selenium
- Selenium acts as a powerful antioxident
- Selenium is important for the proper functioning of the thyroid gland
- Selenium boosts the immune system
- Selenium is also essential for the conversion of T4 to T3
Zinc is an essential trace element present within all bodily tissue and of huge importance for healthy cell division.
Benefits of Zinc
- Zinc is essential for healthy levels of thyroid hormone T3
- Zinc helps establish hormonal balance in the body
- Zinc helps build stronger immunity
Vitamin B-Complex features eight members of the B Vitamin family – B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B12, Biotin and Folic Acid.
Benefits of Vitamin B-Complex
- Vitamin B-Complex provides support for energy metabolism and nourishment for the occasional stress of daily living
- Vitamin B-Complex helps support carbohydrate, fat, and protein metabolism
Vitamin D is a fat-soluble vitamin that is naturally present in very few foods, added to others, and available as a dietary supplement. It is also produced endogenously when ultraviolet rays from sunlight strike the skin and trigger vitamin D synthesis.
Benefits of Vitamin D
- Vitamin D is used to regulating bone metabolism and calcium and phosphorus homeostasis
- Vitamin D plays an important role in balancing the immune system
- Adequate levels of Vitamin D may protect the immune system from attacking itself
One-A-Day Women’s multivitamin is formulated to support: bone health, immune health, skin health, heart health, and physical energy by helping convert food to fuel. It also contains key nutrients like Vitamins A, B6, C, D, E, and K, Riboflavin, Thiamin, and Niacin.
Benefits of a multivitamin
- Vitamins and minerals help maintain cellular efficiency
- Multivitamins help increase supplement effectiveness and nutrient absorbtion
- Multivitamins help provide more natural energy and assist with healthy aging
Probiotics are live bacteria and yeasts that are called “the good” microorganisms because they benefit the the digestive system. Probiotics help keep you healthy by decreasing the number of “bad” bacteria in your gut, replacing the body’s “
Benefits of Probiotics
- Probiotics help balance the friendly bacteria in your digestive system
- Probiotics may help keep your heart healthy by lowering LDL (“bad”) cholesterol and blood pressure
- Probiotics may help give your immune system a boost and inhibit the growth of harmful gut bacteria
Magnesium is a mineral that is important for normal bone structure in the body.
Benefits of Magnesium
- Magnesium helps your body regulate energy levels and keep moving
- Magnesium can help calm your nerves and can make it easier for you to get a good night’s rest
- Magnesium helps relieve muscle spasms and aches
Please feel free to add any comments below. Let me know what works for you!